A Facilitator Training in Leading Deep River Groups.
February 5, 7:30 p.m. through Feb. 7, 11 a.m., 2014 at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health.
My experience (and that of many others) is that women in a circle of support are a source of untapped power. When this power is nurtured, it can fuel personal growth and help counter the effects of our speed-obsessed culture. The purpose of the Deep River Facilitator Training is to give helping professionals and others who wish to work with women, the tools and support to create Deep River groups wherever they are, around the United States and around the world.
The training includes
- Guidelines to create safety and encourage depth
- Ways to introduce and work with the six core practices
- What is meant by the term “group field” and how to work with and within it
- Tips for working with difficult group members
- Tools to balance structure and spontaneity as a facilitator.
Helping professionals in all fields are encouraged to attend (including but not limited to: psychologists, mental health counselors, social workers, nurses, doctors, clergy, teachers, coaches).If your work falls outside of these categories and you would like to attend, please contact me to discuss participation.
Prerequsite: A previous Deep River workshop, or contact Abby to discuss.
- 8.5 credits for Certified Counselors (NBCC), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge